For more than a thousand days, New Yorkers have been starving to see The Greatest Show on Dirt again.
This weekend, that dream finally becomes a reality again as the World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series returns to The Empire State for the first time since 2018.
It all begins on Friday, July 30 with the sixth stop in Series history at Ransomville Speedway, a 4/10-mile oval located less than a half-hour from the Canadian border at Niagra Falls.
On Saturday, July 30, the Outlaws make their tenth all-time appearance at Weedsport Speedway, a 3/8-mile placed a half-hour west of Syracuse.
Both The Big “R” Outlaw Shootout and The Empire State Challenge will pay a standard purse of $10,000/Win, $1,000/Start.
LONG TIME, NO SEE: New York state was a staple for 41 consecutive seasons on the World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series tour. Established in 1978, it took until 2019 for The Greatest Show on Dirt to go absent in The Empire State. Mother Nature halted the shows that year, and the COVID-19 pandemic removed any chances of a 2020 date as well.
Now, more than 1,000 days since the most recent race, the Outlaws are ready to return and give New York fans the horsepower and excitement they’ve been missing for almost three years.
STREAKING: Carson Macedo is officially in the midst of the longest top-10 streak of the 2021 season. In 14 races over the last month, the worst finish for the Jason Johnson Racing #41 is a seventh-place result on two occasions.
Throughout this stretch, the Lemoore, CA native has won twice, ran runner-up thrice, put it on the podium seven times, and recorded ten top-five finishes. His absurd consistency has helped Macedo pass David Gravel and return to P2 in the World of Outlaws championship standings.
Macedo’s only disadvantage comes in the form of two new-to-him tracks. Joining the Series full-time in 2019, the 25-year-old will compete in New York with the World of Outlaws for the first time this weekend as he faces Ransomville and Weedsport.
EMPIRE STATE OUTLAWS: Over the years, the NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series has contested 153 races at nine different tracks in the state of New York. In today’s current landscape of the 13 full-time drivers, however, only four of them have experienced victory lane in The Empire State.
Donny Schatz, the 300-time winner and 10-time champion, has earned 14 New York wins throughout his career, second only to Steve Kinser’s 39. Two of those wins came at Weedsport in 2015 and 2016, but he’ll be chasing his first at Ransomville on Friday night.
David Gravel of Watertown, CT is a three-time winner in the bordering state of his hometown. One of his three New York wins came in the most recent race at Ransomville, where he’ll try to go back-to-back on Friday aboard the Big Game Motorsports #2.
BEST OF BOTH WORLDS: New York super fans will have the chance to catch not only the World of Outlaws Sprint Cars this weekend but also the Super DIRTcar Series Big Block Modifieds. The Greatest Show on Dirt invades Ransomville on Friday and Weedsport on Saturday, but before the winged warriors come to town, The Beasts of the Northeast will rumble on Thursday night at Middletown, NY’s Orange County Fair Speedway.
STAYING HOT: Fresh off victories at Williams Grove Speedway last weekend, Sheldon Haudenschild and Brent Marks will look to keep their winning ways alive this weekend as they head to New York to close out the month of July.
For Marks, of Myerstown, PA, he enters as the most recent Outlaw winner at Weedsport. The Myerstown Missile led all 35 laps back in the summer of 2018 to score his second career Series victory. The #19 brings in momentum from his $20,000 Summer Nationals title.
For Haudenschild, he’ll try to add another track or two to his ridiculously diverse list. Sheldon’s 19 career World of Outlaws victories have come at 18 different tracks, only winning at I-55 twice. The Wooster, OH native just snagged his first-ever Williams Grove win, and now he’s eyeing the bright lights of New York in his NOS Energy Drink #17.
CASHING IN: The “Month of Money” is already halfway over, but a New York doubleheader, the Ironman 55, and the 60th NOS Energy Drink Knoxville Nationals pres. by Casey’s still remains. Entering this weekend, 11 teams have already cleared $20,000 in earnings over the stretch, five cars have banked more than $50,000, and the two Kings Royal winners are north of $175,000.
$191,750 – Clauson-Marshall Racing #7BC
$178,600 – Silva Motorsports #57
$59,000 – Stenhouse Jr. Marshall Racing #17
$58,150 – Jason Johnson Racing #41
$55,850 – Kasey Kahne Racing #49
$30,950 – Tony Stewart/Curb-Agajanian Racing #15
$30,300 – Brent Marks Racing #19
$29,775 – Gary Kauffman Racing #48
$24,350 – Sam McGhee Motorsports #11
$23,300 – Big Game Motorsports #2
This Week at a Glance – When and Where
Friday, July 30 at Ransomville Speedway in Ransomville, NY
Saturday, July 31 at Weedsport Speedway in Weedsport, NY
On the Internet
World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series
Twitter – @WorldofOutlaws
Instagram – @WoOSprint
Facebook – Facebook.com/WorldofOutlawsSprintCarSeries
YouTube – Youtube.com/WorldofOutlaws
DIRTVision – DIRTVision.com – Platinum annual FAST PASS for $299 or monthly FAST PASS for $39/month
Around the Turn: After this week in New York, the World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series will head down to Pevely, MO for the $20,000/Win Ironman 55 at Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55 on August 6-7. Following that, the 60th running of the NOS Energy Drink Knoxville Nationals pres. by Casey’s takes over The Sprint Car Capital of the World on August 11-14 in Knoxville, IA.
NOS ENERGY DRINK FEATURE WINNERS (14 Drivers):
14 wins – Brad Sweet, Kasey Kahne Racing w/ Mike Curb #49
7 wins – Carson Macedo, Jason Johnson Racing #41
6 wins – David Gravel, Big Game Motorsports #2
5 wins – Sheldon Haudenschild, Stenhouse Jr. Marshall Racing #17
3 wins – Aaron Reutzel, Roth Motorsports #83
3 wins – Logan Schuchart, Shark Racing #1S
2 wins – Kerry Madsen, Tony Stewart/Curb-Agajanian Racing #14
2 wins – Kyle Larson, Silva Motorsports #57
2 wins – Brent Marks, Brent Marks Racing #19
1 win – James McFadden, Kasey Kahne Racing w/ Mike Curb #9
1 win – Dave Blaney, Dave Blaney #10
1 win – Donny Schatz, Tony Stewart/Curb-Agajanian Racing #15
1 win – Spencer Bayston, Sam McGhee Motorsports #11
1 win – Tyler Courtney, Clauson-Marshall Racing #7BC
FEATURE LAPS LED (24 Drivers):
296 laps – Brad Sweet
198 laps – Sheldon Haudenschild
185 laps – Carson Macedo
158 laps – Aaron Reutzel
150 laps – David Gravel
148 laps – Logan Schuchart
137 laps – Donny Schatz
63 laps – Kerry Madsen
57 laps – Tyler Courtney
46 laps – Kyle Larson
36 laps – James McFadden
33 laps – Spencer Bayston
27 laps – Brent Marks, Sam Hafertepe Jr.
19 laps – Giovanni Scelzi
11 laps – Sye Lynch
10 laps – Jacob Allen & Brock Zearfoss
3 laps – Ian Madsen
1 lap – Kasey Kahne, Kraig Kinser, Brandon Spithaler, Dave Blaney, Brian Brown
SLICK WOODY’S QUICKTIME AWARDS (18 Drivers):
10 QuickTimes – David Gravel
7 QuickTimes – Sheldon Haudenschild
5 QuickTimes – Brad Sweet
4 QuickTimes – Logan Schuchart, Kerry Madsen
3 QuickTimes – Aaron Reutzel
2 QuickTimes – James McFadden, Cory Eliason, Giovanni Scelzi, Sam Hafertepe Jr.
1 QuickTime – Carson Macedo, Danny Dietrich, Anthony Macri, Kasey Kahne, Brian Brown, Brock Zearfoss, Rico Abreu, Sye Lynch
DRYDENE HEAT RACE WINNERS (39 Drivers)
21 Heat Wins – David Gravel
19 Heat Wins – Carson Macedo
15 Heat Wins – Aaron Reutzel
13 Heat Wins – Donny Schatz
11 Heat Wins – Sheldon Haudenschild
10 Heat Wins – Logan Schuchart
9 Heat Wins – James McFadden, Brad Sweet
6 Heat Wins – Brian Brown
5 Heat Wins – Kerry Madsen
4 Heat Wins – Giovanni Scelzi, Tyler Courtney
3 Heat Wins – Brock Zearfoss, Jason Sides, Kraig Kinser, Ian Madsen, Anthony Macri, Sam Hafertepe Jr.
2 Heat Wins – Jacob Allen, Kasey Kahne, Kyle Larson, DJ Netto
1 Heat Win – Wayne Johnson, Danny Dietrich, Hunter Schuerenberg, Lance Dewease, Brandon Spithaler, Parker Price-Miller, Tim Kaeding, Jack Dover, Scotty Thiel, Paul McMahan, Daryn Pittman, Justin Peck, Jac Haudenschild, Sye Lynch, Chad Trout, TJ Stutts, Brent Marks
PODIUM FINISHES (24 Drivers):
23 Podiums – Brad Sweet
18 Podiums – Carson Macedo
14 Podiums – Donny Schatz, Sheldon Haudenschild
13 Podiums – David Gravel
12 Podiums – Logan Schuchart
9 Podiums – Aaron Reutzel
6 Podiums – Kerry Madsen, Brent Marks
5 Podiums – Giovanni Scelzi, James McFadden
3 Podiums – Brian Brown, Lance Dewease
2 Podiums – Cory Eliason, Anthony Macri, Danny Dietrich, Tyler Courtney, Kyle Larson
1 Podium – Kraig Kinser, Justin Peck, Brian Brown, Anthony Macri, Dave Blaney, Spencer Bayston, Daryn Pittman, Sam Hafertepe Jr.
2021 World of Outlaws Sprint Car Schedule & Winners
No. / Day, Date / Track / Location / Winner (Total Wins)
1. Fri, Feb. 5 / Volusia Speedway Park / Barberville, FL / Brad Sweet (1)
2. Sun, Feb. 7 / Volusia Speedway Park / Barberville, FL / Logan Schuchart (1)
3. Fri, March 5 / Volusia Speedway Park / Barberville, FL / Carson Macedo (1)
4. Sat, March 6 / East Bay Raceway Park / Tampa, FL / Aaron Reutzel (1)
5. Fri, March 12 / Magnolia Motor Speedway / Columbus, MS / Sheldon Haudenschild (1)
6. Sat, March 13 / The Rev / Monroe, LA / David Gravel (1)
7. Fri, March 19 / Cotton Bowl Speedway / Paige, TX / Sheldon Haudenschild (2)
8. Sat, March 20 / Cotton Bowl Speedway / Paige, TX / Brad Sweet (2)
9. Sat, March 27 / Lake Ozark Speedway / Eldon, MO / Brad Sweet (3)
10. Fri, April 2 / I-55 Raceway / Pevely, MO / Brad Sweet (4)
11. Sat, April 3 / I-55 Raceway / Pevely, MO / Brad Sweet (5)
12. Fri, April 9 / Kokomo Speedway / Kokomo, IN / James McFadden (1)
13. Sat, April 10 / Tri-State Speedway / Haubstadt, IN / Carson Macedo (2)
14. Fri, April 22 / Bristol Motor Speedway / Bristol, TN / David Gravel (2)
15. Sun, April 24 / Bristol Motor Speedway / Bristol, TN / David Gravel (3)
16. Thur, April 29 / Jacksonville Speedway / Jacksonville, IL / Brad Sweet (6)
17. Fri, April 30 / I-70 Motorsports Park / Odessa, MO / Brad Sweet (7)
18. Sat, May 1 / I-70 Motorsports Park / Odessa, MO / Brad Sweet (8)
19. Sat, May 8 / Eldora Speedway / Rossburg, OH / Brent Marks (1)
20. Sat, May 8 / Eldora Speedway / Rossburg, OH / Sheldon Haudenschild (3)
21. Wed, May 12 / Lincoln Speedway / Abbottstown, PA / Brad Sweet (9)
22. Fri, May 14 / Williams Grove Speedway / Mechanicsburg, PA / Carson Macedo (3)
23. Sat, May 15 / Williams Grove Speedway / Mechanicsburg, PA / Aaron Reutzel (2)
24. Tues, May 18 / Bridgeport Speedway / Swedesboro, NJ / Logan Schuchart (2)
25. Fri, May 21 / Attica Raceway Park / Attica, OH / David Gravel (4)
26. Sat, May 22 / Sharon Speedway / Hartford, OH / Dave Blaney (1)
27. Mon, May 31 / Lawrenceburg Speedway / Lawrenceburg, IN / Kyle Larson (1)
28. Sat, June 5 / Granite City Speedway /Sauk Rapids, MN / David Gravel (5)
29. Fri, June 11 / Knoxville Raceway / Knoxville, IA / Carson Macedo (4)
30. Sat, June 12 / Knoxville Raceway / Knoxville, IA / Carson Macedo (5)
31. Thur, June 17 / 34 Raceway / West Burlington, IA / Brad Sweet (10)
32. Fri, June 18 / Dubuque Fairgrounds Speedway / Dubuque, IA / Donny Schatz (1)
33. Sat, June 19 / Beaver Dam Raceway / Beaver Dam, WI / Sheldon Haudenschild (4)
34. Mon, June 21 / Huset’s Speedway / Brandon, SD / David Gravel (6)
35. Tues, June 22 / Huset’s Speedway / Brandon, SD / Aaron Reutzel (3)
36. Thur, June 24 / Jackson Motorplex / Jackson, MN / Kerry Madsen (1)
37. Fri, June 25 / Jackson Motorplex / Jackson, MN / Kerry Madsen (2)
38. Sat, June 27 / Jackson Motorplex / Jackson, MN / Logan Schuchart (3)
39. Fri, July 2 / Cedar Lake Speedway / New Richmond, WI / Brad Sweet (11)
40. Sat, July 3 / Cedar Lake Speedway / New Richmond, WI / Brad Sweet (12)
41. Sat, July 10 / Wilmot Raceway / Wilmot, WI / Brad Sweet (13)
42. Tues, July 13 / Attica Raceway Park / Attica, OH / Spencer Bayston (1)
43. Wed, July 14 / Eldora Speedway / Rossburg, OH / Carson Macedo (6)
44. Sat, July 17 / Eldora Speedway / Rossburg, OH / Tyler Courtney (1)
45. Sat, July 17 / Eldora Speedway / Rossburg, OH / Kyle Larson (2)
46. Sun, July 18 / Eldora Speedway / Rossburg, OH / Carson Macedo (7)
47. Tues, July 20 / Lernerville Speedway / Sarver, PA / Brad Sweet (14)
48. Fri, July 23 / Williams Grove Speedway / Mechanicsburg, PA / Sheldon Haudenschild (5)
49. Sat, July 24 / Williams Grove Speedway / Mechanicsburg, PA / Brent Marks (2)