World of Outlaws Media Site
Welcome Media Members
Electronic Press Kit
Working journalists may request Media Credentials for World of Outlaws and DIRTcar events at no cost.
Only accredited media will receive media credentials. World of Outlaws and DIRTcar reserve the right to accept or reject any request for media credentials, and will base such determination on the following criteria.
Accredited media are defined as: working journalists, demonstrating an acceptable job role, who are on assignment, for a specific media outlet meeting the requirements defined within any of the following four categories:
I. Print Media Outlets
Accredited Print publications include newspapers, consumer & trade magazines, wire services, and bona fide Newsletters that are:
- Recurrently published: issues produced on a regularly scheduled basis – at least quarterly.
- Of general circulation: available at newsstands or on a subscription basis with a minimum circulation of 5,000. Newsletters that are originated and distributed solely within a corporation or organization do not meet this definition.
- Supported by paid advertising or a minimum of 5,000 regular paid subscriptions.
- Permanent in location: Regularly issued from an established physical business address.
Acceptable job roles include: editor, reporter, writer, columnist and staff photographer.
Freelance journalists should have an accredited media outlet submit the request for them as proof of assignment.
Administrative, analyst, sales, marketing, public relations, publishing, and technical job titles/roles do not qualify as accredited media.
II. Broadcast Media Outlets
Accredited Broadcast Media Outlets include television and radio: networks, stations, and programs that feature business and consumer news.
Acceptable job roles include anchors, broadcasters, editors, hosts, producers, reporters, and technical professionals such as camera operators and engineers that are directly related to the production of an on-site news project.
Administrative, Analyst, sales, marketing, public relations, publishing, and technical job roles other than those described above do not qualify as accredited media.
While this can include live streaming platforms, this does not include YouTube channels. Please see Influencer Program details for YouTube.
III. Online Media Outlets
Accredited Online Media Outlets must maintain a website that is primarily dedicated to news stories of either general or technical interest. The site(s) must be:
- Updated on a regular basis, at least weekly.
- Supported by paid advertising or in support of an accredited print publication.
- Based, demonstrating a physical business address with working telephone contact numbers.
- Demonstrate a monthly traffic in excess of 10,000 unique visitors.
Personal, non-commercial, or enthusiast websites do not qualify as accredited media.
Acceptable job roles include editors, reporters, and technical professionals that are directly related to the production of an on-site news project.
Marketing, sales and technical titles are not acceptable.
IV. Provisional Media
World of Outlaws and DIRTcar reserve the right to grant provisional media status to individuals who are performing photographic or journalistic tasks, as prescribed by or as officially approved by the organization.
NOTE: Individuals or organizations that post to social media channels, including YouTube, must first apply to our Influencer Program.