Keep up with the chase for the 2023 World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series championship.
CURRENT POINTS LEADER: Brad Sweet began the trio of Memorial Day Weekend races in the strongest way possible by winning the Atomic opener. But “The Big Cat” stumbled slightly in the next two with finishes of 11th and ninth. He and his Kasey Kahne Racing crew still lead the points, but it’s via a tiebreaker due to the efforts of the new runner-up.
Carson Macedo (+1): With finishes of third, first, and second, the weekend undoubtedly proved to be the most productive for Carson Macedo. The Lemoore, CA native entered the three races third in points – 30 markers behind Sweet at the top. Now, the Jason Johnson Racing #41 is tied for the top spot courtesy of Macedo’s best three-race stretch of the season.
David Gravel (-1): While David Gravel might’ve dropped to third in the standings, he still made up ground toward his ultimate goal of a championship. Entering the weekend, Gravel was 20 points out of the lead, and he now sits eight markers behind Sweet and Macedo’s tie after finishes of fourth, second, and eighth.
Gio Scelzi (+1): Three consecutive top 10s including a season-best fourth at Lawrenceburg helped Gio Scelzi climb another spot. The KCP Racing pilot is now seventh in the standings – the highest he’s been all year during his rookie campaign.
Spencer Bayston (-1): The three-race weekend began with promise for Spencer Bayston with a solid seventh at Atomic. But a 12th the following night then an incident resulting in a 21st at Lawrenceburg dropped him to eighth in points.
TOP-10 IN POINTS:
- Brad Sweet: 3344 Points (Kasey Kahne Racing #49)
- Carson Macedo: 3344 Points (Jason Johnson Racing #41)
- David Gravel: -8 Points (Big Game Motorsports #2)
- Logan Schuchart: -148 Points (Shark Racing #1S)
- Donny Schatz: -174 Points (Tony Stewart/Curb Agajanian Racing #15)
- Sheldon Haudenschild: -174 Points (Stenhouse Jr./Marshall Racing #17)
- Gio Scelzi: -254 Points (KCP Racing #18)
- Spencer Bayston: -280 Points (CJB Motorsports #5)
- Brock Zearfoss: -434 Points (Brock Zearfoss Racing #3Z)
- Jacob Allen: -504 Points (Shark Racing #1A)
For full Series Points, CLICK HERE.