Keep up with the latest movers in the chase for the 2023 World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series championship.
LATEST RACE(S): Eldora Speedway (May 5-6)
CURRENT POINTS LEADER: A solid weekend helped Brad Sweet elevate himself back atop the standings. Finishes of fourth and eighth were enough to vault the Kasey Kahne Racing #49 to the top with a two-point lead as Sweet pursues a fifth consecutive title.
Carson Macedo (-1): A sixth place effort on Friday kept Carson Macedo in front of the points, but Saturday dropped him from the top spot. On the final night of #LetsRaceTwo, Macedo brought the Jason Johnson Racing #41 home 13th – his first finish outside the top 10 this season. Macedo now sits second in points but only two markers behind Sweet.
Sheldon Haudenschild (+1): After a ninth on Friday, Sheldon Haudenschild appeared headed for an even better showing on night two at The Big E by starting on the pole. But a shredded right rear tire during the Feature caused him to settle for 11th. Haudenschild still managed to move up a spot to fifth in points.
Donny Schatz (+3): Eldora undoubtedly proved to be the strongest weekend of the season so far for Donny Schatz. The 10-time Series champion’s first two podiums of the season (third on Friday and second on Saturday) helped him and the Tony Stewart/Curb Agajanian Racing crew make a big jump from ninth to sixth.
Buddy Kofoid (-2): Two nights of not making the Feature lowered Buddy Kofoid to seventh.
Spencer Bayston (+2): After dropping two spots last weekend, Spencer Bayston made them up this weekend. An eighth top 10 of the year on Saturday elevated Bayston and his CJB Motorsports team up to eighth in points.
Giovanni Scelzi (-1): On Friday, Gio Scelzi came home with a solid eighth-place run. But the next night the KCP Racing pilot had to come through the Micro-Lite Last Chance Showdown. He still managed to charge from 22nd to 14th but slipped to ninth in the standings over the weekend.
TOP-10 IN POINTS:
- Brad Sweet: 2374 Points (Kasey Kahne Racing #49)
- Carson Macedo: -2 Points (Jason Johnson Racing #41)
- David Gravel: -28 Points (Big Game Motorsports #2)
- Logan Schuchart: -86 Points (Shark Racing #1S)
- Sheldon Haudenschild: -134 Points (Stenhouse Jr./Marshall Racing #17)
- Donny Schatz: -168 Points (Tony Stewart/Curb Agajanian Racing #15)
- Buddy Kofoid: -178 Points (CMS Racing #11)
- Spencer Bayston: -198 Points (CJB Motorsports #5)
- Gio Scelzi: -198 Points (KCP Racing #18)
- Brock Zearfoss: -302 Points (Brock Zearfoss Racing #3Z)
For full Series Points, CLICK HERE.