Keep up with the chase for the 2023 World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series championship.
LATEST RACE(S): Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55 (August 4-5).
CURRENT POINTS LEADER: A pair of third place runs in Pevely, MO vaulted Brad Sweet atop the standings yet again – the ninth time the top spot has changed hands this year. The Kasey Kahne Racing pilot rounded out the top three on both nights of the Ironman 55 for his 20th and 21st podiums of the season.
David Gravel (-1): Two top 10s at I-55 wasn’t enough to keep Gravel ahead of Sweet as he slipped to second. The driver of the Big Game Motorsports #2 is still close as he trails Sweet by only 14 markers.
Giovanni Scelzi (+1): The climb continued for the Series rookie. On Friday the Fresno, CA native wheeled the KCP Racing #18 to a runner-up run. Scelzi dropped to 12th on Saturday but still managed to move into fifth in the points
Donny Schatz (+1): A ninth on Friday followed by a seventh on Saturday moved Schatz up from seventh to sixth in the standings. The Fargo, ND driver is also within striking distance of the top five with a 24-point margin between he and Scelzi.
Sheldon Haudenschild (-2): The Ironman opener was rough for Sheldon Haudenschild as mechanical issues stopped him from taking a lap in the Feature. He did manage to rebound by scoring a top 10 in the finale, but the damage was done on Friday as he dropped two spots to seventh in points.
TOP-10 IN POINTS:
1. Brad Sweet: 6202 Points (Kasey Kahne Racing #49)
2. David Gravel: -14 Points (Big Game Motorsports #2)
3. Carson Macedo: -60 Points (Jason Johnson Racing #41)
4. Logan Schuchart: -248 Points (Shark Racing #1S)
5. Giovanni Scelzi: -326 Points (KCP Racing #18)
6. Donny Schatz: -350 Points (Tony Stewart/Curb Agajanian Racing #15)
7. Sheldon Haudenschild: -362 Points (Stenhouse Jr./Marshall Racing #17)
8. Spencer Bayston: -462 Points (CJB Motorsports #5)
9. Brock Zearfoss: -856 Points (Brock Zearfoss Racing #3Z)
10. Jacob Allen: -933 Points (Shark Racing #1A)
For full Series Points, CLICK HERE.
If you can’t make it to the track, you can watch all the action live on DIRTVision.