Keep up with the chase for the 2023 World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series championship.
LATEST RACE(S): Williams Grove Speedway (September 29-30).
CURRENT POINTS LEADER: Brad Sweet continued to display his unflinching consistency aboard the Kasey Kahne Racing #49 over the weekend. A win in the National Open prelim, coupled with a top five in the finale, allowed him to pad his championship lead. “The Big Cat” is back up to 90 markers ahead of David Gravel with roughly a month until the season ends.
Giovanni Scelzi (+1): It wasn’t Gio Scelzi and KCP Racing’s best weekend, but a pair of 12th place runs at Williams Grove were still enough to help him climb the ladder. The Fresno, CA native elevated to fourth in points. If he can hang on to the spot, it would equal the best rookie run ever with the World of Outlaws.
Donny Schatz (+1): The 10-time Series champion was on the move this weekend as Donny Schatz passed a combined 23 cars in the two Williams Grove Features to capture finishes of eighth and 13th. The hard charging performances helped him move back into the top five.
Logan Schuchart (-2): Home territory wasn’t the kindest to Logan Schuchart at Williams Grove. The Shark Racing driver finished outside the top 20 each night, dropping him from fourth to sixth in the standings.
CLOSING THE GAP:
Sheldon Haudenschild (7th): A fourth place run in the National Open finale highlighted Sheldon Haudenschild’s weekend at Williams Grove. The Stenhouse Jr.-Marshall Racing pilot closed within 38 points of sixth.
TOP-10 IN POINTS:
1. Brad Sweet: 8246 Points (Kasey Kahne Racing #49)
2. David Gravel: -90 Points (Big Game Motorsports #2)
3. Carson Macedo: -130 Points (Jason Johnson Racing #41)
4. Giovanni Scelzi: -432 Points (KCP Racing #18)
5. Donny Schatz: -448 Points (Tony Stewart/Curb Agajanian Racing #15)
6. Logan Schuchart: -466 Points (Shark Racing #1S)
7. Sheldon Haudenschild: -504 Points (Stenhouse Jr./Marshall Racing #17)
8. Spencer Bayston: -708 Points (CJB Motorsports #5)
9. Brock Zearfoss: -1196 Points (Brock Zearfoss Racing #3Z)
10. Robbie Price: -1696 Points (Sides Motorsports #7S)
For full Series Points, CLICK HERE.
If you can’t make it to the track, you can watch all the action live on DIRTVision.