Keep up with the chase for the 2023 World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series championship.
CURRENT POINTS LEADER: The points lead changed hands yet again this season as David Gravel took over the top spot. A pair of fifth place efforts last week helped Gravel elevate himself and the Big Game Motorsports crew back atop the standings as they pursue their first title.
Brad Sweet (-1): The four-time and defending champion finished outside the top 10 for the fifth time this season at Attica with a 15th-place finish. Sweet did manage to rebound on Friday at Eldora with a runner-up but it wasn’t quite enough to stay ahead of Gravel. “The Big Cat” is two points behind Gravel heading to Pennsylvania.
Sheldon Haudenschild (+1): A home state trip proved fruitful for Sheldon Haudenschild as the Wooster, OH native moved into the top five in points. Haudenschild ran runner-up at the Brad Doty Classic and finished seventh at Eldora.
Donny Schatz (-1): Unfortunately for Donny Schatz his sixth Kings Royal crown didn’t contribute toward the championship standings last week. In the two points paying races of the week, Schatz did earn a strong fourth at Attica, but a 16th at The Knight Before, which dropped him to sixth in points.
CLOSING THE GAP:
Carson Macedo (3rd): Continuing his recent hot stretch, Carson Macedo finished third at Attica and followed it with his fifth win of the season at Eldora. The Jason Johnson Racing driver is now down to 22 points behind Sweet for second and 24 back of Gravel for the lead.
Gio Scelzi (7th): On Friday at Eldora, Gio Scelzi picked up his second podium of the season by running third. The result helped bring him within six points of Schatz for the sixth spot.
TOP-10 IN POINTS:
1. David Gravel: 5348 Points (Big Game Motorsports #2)
2. Brad Sweet: -2 Points (Kasey Kahne Racing #49)
3. Carson Macedo: -24 Points (Jason Johnson Racing #41)
4. Logan Schuchart: -210 Points (Shark Racing #1S)
5. Sheldon Haudenschild: -250 Points (Stenhouse Jr./Marshall Racing #17)
6. Donny Schatz: -272 Points (Tony Stewart/Curb Agajanian Racing #15)
7. Gio Scelzi: -278 Points (KCP Racing #18)
8. Spencer Bayston: -384 Points (CJB Motorsports #5)
9. Brock Zearfoss: -690 Points (Brock Zearfoss Racing #3Z)
10. Jacob Allen: -708 Points (Shark Racing #1A)
For full Series Points, CLICK HERE.