Keep up with the chase for the 2023 World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series championship.
LATEST RACE(S): Wilmot Raceway (July 8)
CURRENT POINTS LEADER: Brad Sweet put together another strong night over the weekend. “The Big Cat” wheeled the Kasey Kahne Racing #49 to a runner-up at Wilmot – his 16th podium of the season. The effort helped him slightly pad his lead over David Gravel as the advantage atop the standings grew to 12 points.
CLOSING THE GAP:
Carson Macedo (3rd): After struggling for a few weeks following his frightening Knoxville crash, Carson Macedo got back on track with a Wilmot win. He and the Jason Johnson Racing team entered the weekend 50 points behind Gravel for second in the standings, and that margin was trimmed to 38.
Donny Schatz (5th-tie): Even though the weekend featured only one race, Donny Schatz was able to make up some decent ground. The Fargo, ND native earned his 12th top five of the season and went from 78 points behind Logan Schuchart in fourth to 62 markers back.
Sheldon Haudenschild (5th-tie): He may have only gained two points, but it was a noteworthy two points for Sheldon Haudenschild. The driver of the Stenhouse Jr.-Marshall Racing #17 moved into a tie for fifth in the standings with his sixth podium of the season.
TOP-10 IN POINTS:
1. Brad Sweet: 4990 Points (Kasey Kahne Racing #49)
2. David Gravel: -12 Points (Big Game Motorsports #2)
3. Carson Macedo: -50 Points (Jason Johnson Racing #41)
4. Logan Schuchart: -202 Points (Shark Racing #1S)
5. Donny Schatz: -264 Points (Tony Stewart/Curb Agajanian Racing #15)
6. Sheldon Haudenschild: -264 Points (Stenhouse Jr./Marshall Racing #17)
7. Gio Scelzi: -290 Points (KCP Racing #18)
8. Spencer Bayston: -368 Points (CJB Motorsports #5)
9. Brock Zearfoss: -614 Points (Brock Zearfoss Racing #3Z)
10. Jacob Allen: -658 Points (Shark Racing #1A)
For full Series Points, CLICK HERE.