Keep up with the chase for the 2023 World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series championship.
LATEST RACE(S): Weedsport Speedway (July 30).
CURRENT POINTS LEADER: David Gravel went one for one over the weekend, topping Sunday’s Empire State Challenge at Weedsport Speedway. The Watertown, CT native technically held the points lead before Weedsport because of a tie breaker over Brad Sweet, and after the victory he’s now eight markers ahead of “The Big Cat.”
CLOSING THE GAP:
Carson Macedo (3rd): By running second on Sunday, Carson Macedo may have only cut four points off of Sweet’s advantage over him, but every point matters in what’s been an extremely competitive battle among the top three. Macedo and his Jason Johnson Racing team are 40 points back of Sweet as they try to claw their way back atop the standings.
Giovanni Scelzi (6th): Weedsport brought Giovanni Scelzi the eighth top five of his rookie World of Outlaws season with KCP Racing. With the driver ahead of him in points – Sheldon Haudenschild – suffering a DNF, Scelzi moved to within four markers of taking over the fifth spot.
Brock Zearfoss (9th): There’s still a large gap to cover, but Brock Zearfoss posted one of his stronger runs of the season (eighth) at Weedsport to make up some ground on Spencer Bayston. Zearfoss trimmed 14 points off the difference.
TOP-10 IN POINTS:
1. David Gravel: 5348 Points (Big Game Motorsports #2)
2. Brad Sweet: -8 Points (Kasey Kahne Racing #49)
3. Carson Macedo: -48 Points (Jason Johnson Racing #41)
4. Logan Schuchart: -224 Points (Shark Racing #1S)
5. Sheldon Haudenschild: -314 Points (Stenhouse Jr./Marshall Racing #17)
6. Giovanni Scelzi: -318 Points (KCP Racing #18)
7. Donny Schatz: -338 Points (Tony Stewart/Curb Agajanian Racing #15)
8. Spencer Bayston: -470 Points (CJB Motorsports #5)
9. Brock Zearfoss: -814 Points (Brock Zearfoss Racing #3Z)
10. Jacob Allen: -861 Points (Shark Racing #1A)
For full Series Points, CLICK HERE.
If you can’t make it to the track, you can watch all the action live on DIRTVision.