Keep up with the chase for the 2023 World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series championship.
LATEST RACE(S): Attica Raceway Park (May 19), Sharon Speedway (May 20).
CURRENT POINTS LEADER: A pair of top-10 finishes were enough to keep Brad Sweet atop the points after the World of Outlaws’ return to Attica and Sharon. “The Big Cat” finished ninth at Attica and sixth at Sharon.
CLOSING THE GAP:
David Gravel: Gravel continued to cut into Sweet’s lead as the early season points leader looks to regain the top spot. Behind the wheel of the Big Game Motorsports #2, Gravel finished fifth on Friday then improved to second on Saturday. The gap between Gravel and Sweet shrunk from 36 to 20 markers.
Carson Macedo: Like Gravel, Carson Macedo collected two top fives over the weekend with finishes of third and fourth. The Lemoore, CA native didn’t make up any ground on Gravel, but he did close on Sweet and now sits only 30 points behind the lead.
Donny Schatz (+1): There is no driver hotter than Donny Schatz right now. The 10-time Series champion swept the Ohio weekend for his first two victories of the season. The pair of triumphs helped him jump from sixth to fifth in points and from 186 points behind Sweet to 156 markers.
Sheldon Haudenschild (-1): While Haudenschild might’ve slipped to sixth in points, the Stenhouse Jr./Marshall Racing pilot still had a superb weekend. The Wooster, OH native claimed fourth on Friday before a third on Saturday. However, Schatz’s sweep of the weekend was enough to jump him ahead of Haudenschild.
Also moving up this past week in the standings was Robbie Price (11th in points) and Noah Gass (12th).
TOP-10 IN POINTS:
- Brad Sweet: 2934 Points (Kasey Kahne Racing #49)
- David Gravel: -20 Points (Big Game Motorsports #2)
- Carson Macedo: -30 Points (Jason Johnson Racing #41)
- Logan Schuchart: -126 Points (Shark Racing #1S)
- Donny Schatz: -156 Points (Tony Stewart/Curb Agajanian Racing #15)
- Sheldon Haudenschild: -168 Points (Stenhouse Jr./Marshall Racing #17)
- Spencer Bayston: -240 Points (CJB Motorsports #5)
- Gio Scelzi: -258 Points (KCP Racing #18)
- Brock Zearfoss: -414 Points (Brock Zearfoss Racing #3Z)
- Jacob Allen: -450 Points (Shark Racing #1A)
For full Series Points, CLICK HERE.
NEXT RACE(S): Atomic Speedway (May 26-27), Lawrenceburg Speedway (May 29). For tickets, CLICK HERE.