Keep up with the chase for the 2023 World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series championship.
LATEST RACE(S): Devil’s Bowl Speedway (Oct. 20-21)
CURRENT POINTS LEADER: After a podium on Friday, disaster nearly struck for Brad Sweet on Saturday at Devil’s Bowl. Contact on a restart left him upside down with plenty of damage. But the Kasey Kahne Racing crew managed to piece the #49 back together under red, and Sweet was able to drive from the back to seventh to maintain a solid point lead.
CLOSING THE GAP:
David Gravel (2nd): As the season winds down, David Gravel is giving everything he’s got to catch Sweet. The Watertown, CT driver posted a runner-up on night one at Devil’s Bowl before making a last lap pass the next evening to win the track’s final race. He owns a 2.78 average finish in the last nine races and has knocked Sweet’s lead down to 50 markers heading into the World of Outlaws World Finals, Nov. 1-4.
Donny Schatz (6th): A ninth on Friday coupled with a third on Saturday allowed Donny Schatz to close within 20 points of the fifth spot. Schatz has finished in the top five in World of Outlaws points for 20 consecutive seasons and is looking to keep the streak alive.
TOP-10 IN POINTS:
1. Brad Sweet: 9226 Points (Kasey Kahne Racing #49)
2. David Gravel: -50 Points (Big Game Motorsports #2)
3. Carson Macedo: -140 Points (Jason Johnson Racing #41)
4. Giovanni Scelzi: -452 Points (KCP Racing #18)
5. Logan Schuchart: -486 Points (Shark Racing #1S)
6. Donny Schatz: -506 Points (Tony Stewart/Curb Agajanian Racing #15)
7. Sheldon Haudenschild: -586 Points (Stenhouse Jr./Marshall Racing #17)
8. Spencer Bayston: -760 Points (CJB Motorsports #5)
9. Brock Zearfoss: -1320 Points (Brock Zearfoss Racing #3Z)
10. James McFadden: -1788 Points (Roth Motorsports #83)
For full Series Points, CLICK HERE.
If you can’t make it to the track, you can watch all the action live on DIRTVision.