Keep up with the chase for the 2023 World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series championship.
LATEST RACE(S): Cedar Lake Speedway (June 30 – July 1)
CURRENT POINTS LEADER: Another weekend, another solid pair of outings for Brad Sweet in his pursuit of a fifth straight title. To open the Cedar Lake visit, Sweet wheeled the Kasey Kahne Racing #49 to Victory Lane. Then he backed that up with a sixth on Saturday to maintain his points lead.
CLOSING THE GAP:
David Gravel (2nd): While Sweet had a solid weekend, David Gravel chipped away at his advantage with a third on Friday before winning the finale. The Big Game Motorsports pilot is currently the hottest driver on tour with three victories, eight podiums, and a 2.1 average finish in the last nine races. He’s only four markers behind Sweet in the standings.
Sheldon Haudenschild (6th): Continuing his recent stretch of consistency, Sheldon Haudenschild went from 20 points behind Donny Schatz to a mere two markers back of him for a spot inside the top five. On the opening night at Cedar Lake, the Stenhouse Jr.-Marshall Racing gasser rebounded from the Federated Car Care Work Zone to finish fourth then posted a ninth the next night.
Spencer Bayston (8th): With his best weekend of the season, Spencer Bayston put a dent in the margin between he and Gio Scelzi for seventh in points. The Lebanon, IN native finished fifth on Friday and led 19 laps before a season-best second place result on Saturday. Nine straight top 10s have helped Bayston pull within 74 points of Scelzi.
Jacob Allen (10th): After a difficult stretch throughout an early chunk of the season, Jacob Allen is finding his footing. He earned a top 10 and his third podium of the season at Cedar Lake. The Hanover, PA native is still 10th in points but went from 60 points back of Brock Zearfoss to 40 for ninth.
TOP-10 IN POINTS:
1. Brad Sweet: 4844 Points (Kasey Kahne Racing #49)
2. David Gravel: -4 Points (Big Game Motorsports #2)
3. Carson Macedo: -54 Points (Jason Johnson Racing #41)
4. Logan Schuchart: -182 Points (Shark Racing #1S)
5. Donny Schatz: -260 Points (Tony Stewart/Curb Agajanian Racing #15)
6. Sheldon Haudenschild: -262 Points (Stenhouse Jr./Marshall Racing #17)
7. Gio Scelzi: -280 Points (KCP Racing #18)
8. Spencer Bayston: -354 Points (CJB Motorsports #5)
9. Brock Zearfoss: -596 Points (Brock Zearfoss Racing #3Z)
10. Jacob Allen: -636 Points (Shark Racing #1A)
For full Series Points, CLICK HERE.