Keep up with the chase for the 2023 World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series championship.
CURRENT POINTS LEADER: Eldora saw Brad Sweet notch a ninth-place finish and lose points to David Gravel, but then the four-time and reigning champion collected his ninth win of the campaign at Sharon. Overall, the two nights were enough to maintain an 80-point lead.
CLOSING THE GAP:
David Gravel (2nd): A pair of runner-ups in Ohio helped David Gravel take a small chunk out of the margin between he and Sweet. With the Big Game Motorsports #2 finishing P2 both nights, Gravel went from 90 points out of the lead down to 80.
Sheldon Haudenschild (7th): It was a solid weekend in his home state for Sheldon Haudenschild. The Wooster, OH native wheeled the Stenhouse Jr.-Marshall Racing #17 to a seventh on Friday before moving up a spot to sixth on Saturday. The two top-10s brought him within 56 markers of sixth in points.
Giovanni Scelzi (+1): After a disappointing weekend in California, Giovanni Scelzi rebounded in strong fashion. The KCP Racing pilot drove to third place finishes at both “Buckeye State” ovals this past weekend. The podiums vaulted him back into fifth in the standings as he continues an impressive rookie season.
Donny Schatz (-1): A strong start to the weekend saw Donny Schatz grab a sixth-place finish at Eldora. But the 10-time Series champion slipped to 16th at Sharon, dropping him a spot to sixth in points.
TOP-10 IN POINTS:
1. Brad Sweet: 8246 Points (Kasey Kahne Racing #49)
2. David Gravel: -80 Points (Big Game Motorsports #2)
3. Carson Macedo: -98 Points (Jason Johnson Racing #41)
4. Logan Schuchart: -386 Points (Shark Racing #1S)
5. Giovanni Scelzi: -394 Points (KCP Racing #18)
6. Donny Schatz: -416 Points (Tony Stewart/Curb Agajanian Racing #15)
7. Sheldon Haudenschild: -472 Points (Stenhouse Jr./Marshall Racing #17)
8. Spencer Bayston: -656 Points (CJB Motorsports #5)
9. Brock Zearfoss: -1142 Points (Brock Zearfoss Racing #3Z)
10. Robbie Price: -1586 Points (Sides Motorsports #7S)
For full Series Points, CLICK HERE.
If you can’t make it to the track, you can watch all the action live on DIRTVision.