Keep up with the chase for the 2023 World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series championship.
CURRENT POINTS LEADER: Over the course of a wild three nights of racing, David Gravel extended his points lead, lost the top spot, and then regained it by virtue of a tiebreaker. A win over Brad Sweet on Thursday at BAPS extended his advantage to six. Then, the next night, he fell to second after an 11th on night one at Williams Grove. A runner-up on Saturday brought him back into a tie for the lead with Sweet, and Gravel holds the tiebreaker with more wins.
Giovanni Scelzi (+1): The leading Kevin Gobrecht Rookie of the Year candidate moved up another spot to sixth. Two top 10s in three nights helped him inch within one position of the top five as the Fresno, CA native continues an impressive first campaign.
Donny Schatz (-1): The first two races of the week resulted in finishes outside the top 10 for Donny Schatz. The 10-time champion was able to rebound to ninth on Saturday at Williams Grove but it wasn’t enough to keep Scelzi behind him.
CLOSING THE GAP:
Brad Sweet (2nd): Like Gravel, Brad Sweet spent the three nights jumping around in the points. The four-time and reigning champion regained the top spot with a runner-up on Friday at Williams Grove before dropping into the tie with Gravel and technically residing second in points by finishing eighth the next night.
Logan Schuchart (4th): He’s still got a way to go, but Logan Schuchart took a chunk out of the gap between he and Carson Macedo. The Shark Racing driver rounded out the podium at BAPS and won Friday at “The Grove.” Schuchart cut nearly 20 points off of Macedo’s advantage for the final spot in the top three and is now 168 markers behind him.
TOP-10 IN POINTS:
1. David Gravel: 5348 Points (Big Game Motorsports #2)
2. Brad Sweet: -0 Points (Kasey Kahne Racing #49)
3. Carson Macedo: -44 Points (Jason Johnson Racing #41)
4. Logan Schuchart: -212 Points (Shark Racing #1S)
5. Sheldon Haudenschild: -276 Points (Stenhouse Jr.-Marshall Racing #17)
6. Giovanni Scelzi: -308 Points (KCP Racing #18)
7. Donny Schatz: -318 Points (Tony Stewart/Curb Agajanian Racing #15)
8. Spencer Bayston: -440 Points (CJB Motorsports #5)
9. Brock Zearfoss: -798 Points (Brock Zearfoss Racing #3Z)
10. Jacob Allen: -837 Points (Shark Racing #1A)
For full Series Points, CLICK HERE.
If you can’t make it to the track, you can watch all the action live on DIRTVision.