By the Numbers: O’Reilly Auto Parts Rumble on the River at Lakeside Speedway
by Tony Venziano
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Oct. 13, 2016 — The O’Reilly Auto Parts Rumble on the River at Lakeside Speedway in Kansas City for the World of Outlaws Craftsman® Sprint Car Series is quickly approaching on Friday, October 21. Donny Schatz is the defending race winner at Lakeside, while 2013 series champion Daryn Pittman won at the track back in 2003.
Drivers that will contend with Schatz and Pittman at Lakeside include: David Gravel, Brad Sweet, Joey Saldana, Shane Stewart, Jason Johnson, Logan Schuchart, Jason Sides, Paul McMahan and Jacob Allen, as well as rookie drivers Greg Wilson and Clyde Knipp, along with a number of “invaders” that are expected, including Brian Brown, Kerry Madsen and Wayne Johnson among others. As a very competitive 2016 season draws closer to its completion, here are a few numbers to ponder leading into the O’Reilly Auto Part Rumble on the River at Lakeside Speedway on Friday, October 21.
By the Numbers: O’Reilly Auto Parts Rumble on the River
- 0.5- Miles around Lakeside Speedway
- 1- Tracks in the state of Kansas that the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series race at this season
- 2- Drivers currently competing full-time with the World of Outlaws that have won at the track
- 4- Drivers inducted in the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame that have won races with the World of Outlaws at Lakeside Speedway over the years
- 9- Drivers that have won with the series at Lakeside; Tracks in Kansas that the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series have raced at, dating back to 1979
- 13- Drivers competing full-time with the World of Outlaws in 2016
- 13.304- Track record, established by Paul McMahan in 2014
- 14- Different seasons in which the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series has raced at Lakeside Speedway
- 16- Drivers that have been victorious with the World of Outlaws in A-Feature events this season
- 30- Laps scheduled for the main event on Friday, October 21
- 99- World of Outlaws A-Feature wins that Joey Saldana currently has, as he looks to become just the sixth driver in series history to cross the century mark
- 1013- Miles from Port Royal Speedway in Pennsylvania, where the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series races on October 15 to Lakeside Speedway in Kansas
- 1955- Year that racing first began at the original Lakeside Speedway
- 1980- Year the World of Outlaws first raced at Lakeside Speedway
- 1989- Year that Lakeside Speedway moved to its current location
- 10,000- Dollars the winner will receive on Friday, October 21
Tickets for the O’Reilly Auto Parts Rumble on the River for the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series at Lakeside Speedway in Kansas City, Kansas on Friday, October 21 can be purchased online or by calling SLS Promotions at 815-344-2023 and at the track on race day.
Discount General Admission tickets can also be purchased at participating O’Reilly Auto Parts stores. Each General Admission ticket purchased at an O’Reilly Auto Parts location will feature a special $5 discount. Tickets buyers will exchange their O’Reilly receipt for tickets at the Main Grandstand ticket booth on race day.