DirtonDirt.com Steps Up Support Of World of Outlaws Late Model Series In 2013
Popular News Web Site Posts Over $3,000 In Cash & Prizes For Winners Of Awards, Contests
By Kevin Kovac, WoO LMS P.R. Director
CONCORD, NC – March 28, 2013 – The dirt Late Model web site DirtonDirt.com has stepped up its support of the World of Outlaws Late Model Series in 2013, posting over $3,000 in cash and prizes that will benefit both racers and fans and provide additional excitement to some of the national tour’s biggest events.
DirtonDirt.com‘s WoO LMS program will feature the media outlet’s traditional Hard Charger Award plus several new awards and contests, including the first-ever WoO LMS Most Popular Driver Award and the inaugural DirtonDirt.com Late Model Trivia Contest that will pair selected drivers with fans during the seventh annual Firecracker 100 weekend June 27-29 at Lernerville Speedway in Sarver, Pa.
“We’re looking forward to working closely with the World of Outlaws Late Model Series on a sponsorship program that gives back to the drivers and increases fan interaction with the series and DirtonDirt.com,” said Michael Rigsby, the founder and CEO of DirtonDirt.com. “Hopefully what we’ve come up with will gain everyone’s attention and produce plenty of competition and conversation throughout the season.”
The complete list of DirtonDirt.com‘s awards and contests for the 2013 WoO LMS campaign includes:
* The DirtonDirt.com Hard Charger Award, a $500 check to the driver who gains the most cumulative positions in WoO LMS A-Mains during the 2013 season. The winner will be honored at the WoO LMS Awards Banquet on Nov. 10.
* The first-ever DirtonDirt.com WoO LMS Most Popular Driver Award, which will be determined by season-long fan voting. Details of the voting process and incentives for fans to participate will be released in the near future, but the $500 winner of the contest will be announced in front of a sell-out crowd on Nov. 9 during the last night of the World of Outlaws World Finals at The Dirt Track at Charlotte in Concord, N.C.
* The inaugural DirtonDirt.com Late Model Trivia Contest, which will pit a handful of drivers with lucky fans in a team competition during Lernerville’s Firecracker 100 weekend. The contest, which will be held on a stage in the track’s parking lot on Saturday afternoon, June 29, will include questions on WoO LMS, Firecracker 100 and general dirt Late Model history. The winning team will receive $500 to split as well as DirtonDirt.com subscriptions and assorted apparel.
* The DirtonDirt.com Illinois Bullring Bonus Award, which will provide a $500 check to the DIRTcar UMP Late Model standout who registers the best overall finishes in the tour’s Illini 100 on April 5-6 at Farmer City Raceway and the Prairie Dirt Classic on July 26-27 at Fairbury American Legion Speedway. To be eligible for the award a driver must sit in the top 50 of the DIRTcar UMP national points standings entering the Prairie Dirt Classic.
* The DirtonDirt.com Outlaw Invader Bonus, a $500 prize to the non-WoO LMS driver who accumulates the most points while entering all events during the circuit’s annual Wild West Tour. This year’s summer swing is currently scheduled to compete at Deer Creek Speedway in Spring Valley, Minn., on July 6; Black Hills Speedway in Rapid City, S.D., on July 8; Gillette (Wyo.) Thunder Speedway on July 9; Red River Co-op Speedway in Winnipeg, Manitoba, on July 11; and River Cities Speedway in Grand Forks, N.D., on July 12.
* The DirtonDirt.com Social Media Superstar Award for the driver who generates the most social media buzz during the 26th annual USA Nationals on Aug. 1-3 at Cedar Lake Speedway in New Richmond, Wis. Fans at the track and watching the live DirtonDirt.com broadcast at home can comment throughout the weekend on drivers’ exploits on Twitter (#DirtonDirt) and Facebook (tag DirtonDirt) and $500 will be presented to the competitor who earns the greatest number of mentions.
DirtonDirt.com is a Web site that provides news coverage, results and features on all types of dirt Late Model racing. Subscribers to the site have access to exclusive video highlights, interviews and stories produced by DoD’s experienced reporting team.
The next action for the WoO LMS is the $20,000-to-win Illini 100 on April 5-6 at Farmer City Raceway.
The World of Outlaws Late Model Series is brought to fans across the country by many important sponsors and partners, including: American Racing Custom Wheels (Official Custom Wheel), Arizona Sport Shirts (Official Apparel Company), Armor All (Official Car Care Products), Hoosier Racing Tires (Official Racing Tires), KMC (Official Custom Truck Wheel), STP (Official Fuel Treatment), Vicci (Official Uniform), VP Racing Fuel (Official Racing Fuel), DirtonDirt.com (Hard Charger Award) and McCarthy’s One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning (Raye Vest Memorial Pill Draw Award); in addition to contingency sponsors: Butlerbuilt, Cometic Gasket, Comp Cams, Dominator Race Products, Edelbrock, Eibach Springs, JE Pistons, JRI Shocks, Klotz Synthetic Lubricants, MSD Ignition, Ohlins Shocks, QuarterMaster, Roush Yates Performance Parts, Superflow Dynos, Wrisco Aluminum and XS Power Racing Batteries; along with manufacturer sponsors Capital Race Cars, Integra Shocks, GRT Chassis, Jake’s Carts, Racing Electronics, Rocket Chassis, TNT Rescue, and Warrior Chassis.