By the Numbers: O’Reilly Auto Parts Twister Showdown at Salina Highbanks Speedway
by Tony Veneziano
SALINA, OKLA. — Oct. 12, 2016 — The World of Outlaws Craftsman® Sprint Car Series returns to Salina Highbanks Speedway on Saturday, October 22 for the O’Reilly Auto Parts Twister Showdown, which was postponed by rain back in April. The race will mark the one and only stop of the season for the “Greatest Show on Dirt” in the state of Oklahoma. Following the event, just a pair of races remain on the 2016 calendar as the series heads to Charlotte for the Bad Boy Off Road World Finals. This edition of By the Numbers sets the stage for the O’Reilly Auto Parts Twister Showdown at Salina Highbanks Speedway on Saturday, October 22.
By the Numbers: O’Reilly Auto Parts Twister Showdown
- 0.375- Miles around Salina Highbanks Speedway
- 1- Race in the state of Oklahoma this year for the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series
- 2- Drivers contending for the Kevin Gobrecht Rookie of the Year Award in 2016, who will both be making their debut at Salina Highbanks Speedway- Greg Wilson and Clyde Knipp
- 3- Drivers that have won with the World of Outlaws at Salina (Shane Stewart, Joey Saldana and Craig Dollansky)
- 4- A-Feature events contested by the series at the high-banked oval; Drivers that have competed in all four of the Outlaws races at the track
- 4.25- Average finish for Daryn Pittman in four starts at Salina, which best of the full-time World of Outlaws drivers
- 11.177- Track record, established by Joey Saldana in time trials on April 26, 2013
- 13- Drivers competing full-time with the World of Outlaws in 2016
- 15- Laps led by Shane Stewart en route to winning at Salina last year
- 16- Different drivers that have won an A-Feature event with the series in 2016
- 24- Wins for Donny Schatz through Oct. 8 to lead the series
- 27- Drivers that competed in the event at Salina last year
- 2011- Year the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series first raced at Salina Highbanks Speedway
- 10,000- Dollars the winner of the O’Reilly Auto Parts Twister Showdown will receive on Saturday, October 22
Tickets for the O’Reilly Auto Parts Twister Showdown for the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series event at Salina Highbanks Speedway in Salina, Okla., on Saturday, October 22 can be purchased online at or by calling SLS Promotions at 815-344-2023 and at the track on race day.
Discount General Admission tickets can also be purchased at participating O’Reilly Auto Parts stores. Each General Admission ticket purchased at an O’Reilly Auto Parts location will feature a special $5 discount. Tickets buyers will exchange their O’Reilly receipt for tickets at the Main Grandstand ticket booth on race day.